The perfect soup to fulfill your cravings and impress your date with.
Did you read “Identities”, and wonder ‘what the heck are albondigas?’ Well, you don’t need to be left wondering anymore. Heres the recipe from Momma Romero herself.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 1 hour Serves: 4-5
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup of chopped mint leaves
- 1/4 cup of uncooked white rice
- 1 raw egg
- 1 slice of raw onion
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp pan molido
- 1 liter of water
- 1/4 cup of tomato sauce
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 tsp chicken flavored bouillon
- 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1-2 tbsp chipotle paste (optional)
- Prepare the meatballs by adding the chopped onion, minced garlic clove, mint leaves, and mixing them all together. Add a pinch of salt. Mix uncooked rice into meat. Mix in raw egg. Add in the pan molido. Once everything is mixed together form 1-inch meatballs using your hands.
- Heat oil in a large pot. Gradually add in sliced onion, garlic, and chopped tomato. Once these ingredients are caramelized, add in tomato sauce. Then add 1 liter of water, as well as the chicken flavored bouillon. Once water begins to boil, add in meatballs. Wait until the broth begins to boil again and lower the flame halfway. Leave for 40 minutes.
- Lastly, add in potatoes, carrots, and zucchini. The vegetables should be cooked for about ten minutes until ready. Add in salt if necessary and chipotle paste for an added spice.
Enjoy with a side of pink rice and tortillas with sour cream!
Photo courtesy of Lynn D. Rosentrater on Flickr Creative Commons